Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul) | Prayer Worship Song for Renewal

 Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul) | A Prayer of Surrender and Renewal



There are moments when our hearts become overwhelmed by the noise of life. We carry burdens that seem too heavy, wrestle with fear, and long for the peace that only God can give. Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul) is a heartfelt worship prayer born from that longing—a simple invitation to lay everything before Jesus and allow Him to renew us from the inside out.


Inspired by Psalm 51:10, this worship song is a prayer of surrender. It asks God to lift our hearts above anxiety, refine our character, cleanse us from pride, and draw us deeper into His holy presence.


"Create in me a clean heart, O God"


David's prayer in Psalm 51 reminds us that true worship begins with a surrendered heart. God is not looking for perfect people but for hearts that are willing to be transformed by His grace.


As you listen to this worship song, take a moment to release every burden, every fear, and every disappointment into His hands. Allow His peace to quiet your soul and His presence to fill your heart.


Listen to "Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul)"




LYRICS 

Prayer 


“Heavenly Father,


Thank You for meeting us in this moment.”


“Lift every heart that feels heavy…


and purify every soul seeking You.”


“Let Your peace remain…


long after this prayer ends.”


“We surrender all to You.”


“In Jesus’ name… Amen.

Verse 1

Lift my heart, Lord, above the noise

Above the weight of fear and choice

I’ve carried burdens I can’t erase

I lay them down before Your grace


Verse 2

Purify my soul, refine my way

Burn away the pride that leads me astray

Search me, God, know all my fears

Wash me clean with mercy’s tears


Pre-Chorus

I don’t want religion without Your fire

I don’t want a song without desire

Take the throne of all I am

I surrender again


Chorus

Lift my heart, Lord, I give You control

Purify my soul, make me whole

I want Your presence, not just Your hand

I want to live where You stand

Lift my heart, Lord, draw me near

Purify my soul, cast out fear

Holy Spirit, come and stay

I’m Yours, Lord, have Your way


Verse 3

In the quiet, You speak my name

You heal my past, remove my shame

Every tear You understand

I am held within Your hands


Bridge

Create in me a clean heart, God

Renew a right spirit in me

I don’t want to drift apart, God

Restore the joy that set me free


Chorus (Final)

Lift my heart, Lord, to heavenly ground

Purify my soul till grace abounds

I want Your glory more than gold

Refine me, shape me, take my whole


Outro

Lift my heart…

Purify my soul…

I belong to You alone



A Prayer


Heavenly Father,


Lift every heart that feels weary today.


Purify every soul that longs for Your presence.


Search us, refine us, and renew a right spirit within us.


Teach us to desire You more than anything this world can offer.


Fill us with Your Holy Spirit and let Your peace remain long after this prayer ends.


We surrender every burden, every fear, and every part of our lives into Your loving hands.


In the mighty name of Jesus,


Amen.


Scripture Meditation


«"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

— Psalm 51:10 (KJV)»


Reflection


- What burden do you need to lay before God today?

- Is there an area of your heart that needs His refining fire?

- How can you intentionally seek His presence this week?


Spend a few quiet moments in prayer, allowing the Holy Spirit to speak to your heart.


Watch More Worship


If this worship song encouraged you, you may also enjoy:


- Before the Harvest Wind: https://oilandincenseworship.blogspot.com/2026/05/before-the-harvest-wind-isaiah-18-worship.html

- Come Back to Me : https://oilandincenseworship.blogspot.com/2026/06/come-back-to-me-isaiah-1-worship-song.html

- Heaven Hear Our Prayer : https://oilandincenseworship.blogspot.com/2026/06/heaven-hear-our-prayer-worship-song.html

- In the Morning I Pray : https://oilandincenseworship.blogspot.com/2026/05/in-morning-i-pray-to-you-soaking.html


These worship experiences are part of the Oil & Incense Worship collection, created to help you encounter God's presence through Scripture, prayer, and peaceful worship.


May the Lord lift your heart, purify your soul, and surround you with His everlasting peace.


Frequently Asked Questions


What is Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul) about?


Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul) is a worship prayer that expresses a desire for God to lift us above life's distractions, purify our hearts, and draw us into a deeper relationship with Him. It is a song of surrender, renewal, and trust.


Which Bible verse inspired this song?


The song is primarily inspired by Psalm 51:10 (KJV):


"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."


It also reflects the heart of James 4:8, which encourages believers to draw near to God and seek purity of heart.


Who is this worship song for?


This song is for anyone who is:


- Seeking God's presence.

- Praying for a fresh start.

- Carrying emotional or spiritual burdens.

- Looking for peaceful worship during personal devotion.

- Desiring a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.


Can I use this song during personal prayer?


Yes. Lift My Heart Lord (Purify My Soul) was created to accompany personal prayer, quiet devotion, Bible meditation, and times of worship. Many listeners also enjoy it during morning devotions or evening reflection.


What does "Purify My Soul" mean?


To ask God to purify your soul is to invite Him to cleanse your heart, remove anything that separates you from Him, and shape you into the person He has called you to be. It is a prayer of humility, repentance, and spiritual renewal.


What does "Lift My Heart, Lord" mean?


This phrase is a prayer asking God to lift our hearts above fear, anxiety, disappointment, and the distractions of everyday life so that our focus rests on His love, peace, and faithfulness.


Is this song based on Scripture?


Yes. While the lyrics are original, they are rooted in biblical themes of repentance, surrender, renewal, and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit found throughout the Psalms and the New Testament.


Where can I listen to more Oil & Incense Worship music?


You can find more worship songs, soaking worship, Scripture-inspired music, and pr

ayer experiences on the Oil & Incense Worship YouTube channel and throughout this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“He Said ‘I Will Ascend’: A Reflection on Pride, Desire, and God’s Authority”@OilIncense

The Axe in His Hand (Isaiah 10 Meaning) | Worship & Surrender to God

Before the Harvest Wind | A Cinematic Worship Reflection Inspired by Isaiah 18